Resolutions for 2009
1) I want to learn how to make eyes for my polymer clay sculpts. I am not talking about just little white balls with some paint on them, I want to make realistic, nice looking eyes. To that end, my son had gotten me a heat gun, and I had written in an earlier post about what types of paints and supplies I am going to need for this particular project. I was hoping for some comments to help me decide, but as of yet, no response. That is OK. I will be spending some time in researching various groups and websites to see if I can find out what I will be needing.
2) I have recently starting making some jewelry out of fimo clay, using dried leaves and flowers from my own flower beds. I am going to try to expand this line of jewelry and accesories to include bookmarks, zipper pulls and who knows what else.
3) I have also decided to try to make some AECOs and ATCs with my polymer clay. I have started one, and as time goes on, we shall see how it works for me.
I think that is enough for now, as far as my crafting goes. For life in general, I will try to organize my time better, and get back into yoga and start going for walks again.
Currently the PCAGOE team is having its January Challenge, Black and White. I have managed to get a picture of all of the submissions as well as a list of the people who have entered it. Feel free to go to http://pcagoe.com/ to see all the details, to be able to go to the links for the pictures/listings, to vote, and to see what prizes are available for some lucky voters!
(Going from left to right, each row)
1. Polymer Clay Cameo by teric55
2. Petit Pierrot by beetreebyme
3. Love You This Big Babe Wall Dancer by kerijoy
4. Little House Pendant by peculiarforest
5. Mistic Wolf Pendant by mistymountainrain
6. Millefiori Altoid Tin by PolymerClayCreations
7. Phases of the Moon Pendant Set by PuppyKissPortraits
8. Dreidel by naamaza
9. Black and White and Read All Over Box by juliespace
10. Laugh Til You Cry Miniature Mask by jewelzodonnell
11. In 2009, I Wish… Necklace by irismishly
12. Asian Relic Pin by Susanne Dingendorf
13. Black and White Crochet Jewelry Set by ljeans
14. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW by VAharoni
15. Yin and Yang Necklace by CreationsbyYami
16. My Floating Heart by tejaesart
17. Art Deco Dragon Brooch by SCDiva
18. Ring in the New Year by CocoJaneandme
19. Spatz the Cat by NatureVisions
20. Black and White Floral Pendant by thecolorofdreams
21. You Must Love Me Necklace by MilicaBubanja
22. To Everything There is a Season Switch Plate by OrganicOdysseys
23. Film Noir Penguin Couple by divadea
I am hoping that this year, I will be able to continue to challenge myself as far as my sculpting goes. I refuse to get discouraged about how good some artists are, and keep reminding myself that they once were learning too! I have realized that it is going to be a continuous learning curve, and that only if I keep on trying will I actually grow and improve. We all have our specialties, and only by trying new things and being willing to make mistakes, will I be able to find mine.
In fact, I am very proud of myself for even trying to learn a new craft! I did not give up, and I am more willing to ask for help or advice when I cannot figure out something. So, as far as crafting goes, for 2008, I think I did quite well!